This year, our children and staff will be celebrating Her Majesty The Queen's 70 years on the throne.
The children will emerse themselves in a curriculum full of history, spanning from the Queen's Coronation in 1952 to the current day Royal Family, and every decade in between. The children will learn about the politics of the Royal Family, the changing trends and fashions that the Queen has seen and will explore a variety of texts and sources linked to the Queen's legacy and reign.
Learning will progress from the Nursery to Year 6 and focus on
- The Queen's History - from 1952 until today
- Celebration and togetherness in PSHE
- Creating portraits of the Queen using a variety of materials and mediums
- Design and Technology - from designing and making our own hats, to creating new and exciting toys and recreating fashion from the 1960s
- Music from each decade that the Queen has been on the throne
On Friday 27th May, we will celebrate our very own Jubilations Day. All children and staff are invited to come into school wearing red, white and blue - the bigger the better! We will all enjoy a Jubilations Day picnic outside, comprising of wonderful British favourites such as cucumber sandwiches, cakes and platters of fruit.
After the half term holiday, we will showcase our learning with a Gallery of History to share all of the children's wonderful creations, portraits and learning. Families will be invited to come into school to enjoy the evidence of a wonderful fortnight of learning with their children.